Where can I get PrEP?

Dr. Flash explains that any provider can prescribe PrEP – the HIV prevention pill – though not all are familiar with it.

If you don’t have a regular health provider or they don’t know about or are reluctant to prescribe PrEP, there are organizations across the country that specialize in helping people get on PrEP. Part of the assistance these groups can provide is to help you figure out options for covering the costs of getting on PrEP, whether you have insurance or not.

Click here to find a PrEP-friendly provider near you.

#AskTheHIVDoc is a video series from Greater Than AIDS featuring top HIV doctors providing answers to commonly-asked questions about HIV prevention, testing and treatment.

The medical information on this site is provided as an information resource only, and is not to be used or relied on for any diagnostic or treatment purposes. This information is not intended to be patient education, does not create any patient-physician relationship, and should not be used as a substitute for professional diagnosis and treatment.

Always consult your healthcare provider before making any healthcare decisions or for guidance about a specific medical condition.

Please note the views expressed in Greater Than AIDS videos and other content reflect those of the speakers and are not made on behalf of any groups/organizations/associations.