5 things to know about HIV treatment!
1. Antiretrovirals (ARVs) are prescription medications that keep people with HIV healthy. Some are combined into a single pill.
2. ARVs work to lower the amount of virus in the body (viral load) often to levels that are undetectable by standard lab tests.
3. Having a low viral load prevents the spread of HIV to others.
4. To get the full health and preventative benefits, it is important to take your ARVs every day as prescribed!
5. HIV treatment is recommended to begin as soon as possible after diagnosis, but it’s never too late to start!
To learn more, go to treat.greaterthan.org
Let’s Talk about HIV Treatment!
A person with HIV who is in ongoing care can live a normal lifespan. In addition to keeping you healthy, the medications that treat HIV also prevent the spread of HIV to others.
Click here for more information about the health AND preventative benefits of HIV treatment.