Greater Than AIDS is on the move to join thousands in Hollywood, Florida for the 20th annual United States Conference on AIDS (USCA) – the largest gathering of HIV/AIDS professionals in the country.
This year’s conference will highlight the changes in the movement that have brought us closer than ever to ending the epidemic, and ways that we can move forward as a community to make this dream a reality.
For the 7th year in a row, Greater Than AIDS is excited to return to USCA to host a booth and two workshops!
“We’re thrilled to attend USCA and connect with other organizations and leaders in the HIV/AIDS community,” said Trina Scott, who manages community partnerships for Greater Than AIDS at the Kaiser Family Foundation. “We will be out in full force speaking on panels and meeting community members at the Greater Than AIDS booth. This event is a great opportunity to connect with new and old friends, including Greater Than AIDS ambassadors and partners from around the country.”
A complete schedule of Greater Than AIDS events with locations and times is below. All activities will take place at the Diplomat Hotel (3555 S. Ocean Dr. Hollywood, FL).
Thursday, September 15 – Saturday, September 17 – 10am to 5pm
- The Greater Than AIDS booth is open for business from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. throughout the conference weekend in the main exhibit hall!
- Attendees can snap a picture in the Greater Than AIDS & Walgreens photo booth and pick up FREE swag and informational resources on the Greater Than AIDS campaigns.
Friday, September 16 – 4:15 – 5:45pm
- Greater Than AIDS will host a panel discussion called “Let’s Talk About PrEP! Free Digital Tools” with a focus on new tools available in English and Spanish – including a new nationwide PrEP locator and the hit series #AskTheHIVDoc – for communicating about PrEP in the digital world.
- The panel will feature Jack Harrison-Quintana (Grindr for Equality), Dr. Leandro Mena (University of Mississippi Medical Center) and Aaron Siegler, PhD (Emory University).
Saturday, September 17 – 4:00 – 5:30pm
- Greater Than AIDS Ambassadors Gina Brown and Maria Mejia and partners from The Well Project and Positive Women’s Network USA take the stage to lead a workshop on “Empowered: Women, HIV & Intimate Partner Violence.”
- Participants will learn about the intersection between HIV and violence and explore the resources available to bring the campaign to your community.