Ready to join HIV organizations across the nation and provide FREE in-store HIV testing at Walgreens on Tuesday, June 27th for National HIV Testing Day (NHTD)?
Here’s what is required to be an eligible community testing partner:
- Confirm your agency is certified to provide HIV testing.
- Commit to providing FREE, rapid HIV testing at a local Walgreens store on Tuesday, June 27, 2023 (specific testing hours TBD).
- Provide a copy of your organization’s certificate of insurance to Walgreens.
- Sign an electronic limited use license agreement (LULA) with Walgreens.
- Have a minimum of 2 staff members at the Walgreens store during testing hours (TBD), and if possible, additional staff members or volunteers assisting with outreach and engagement at the store and surrounding area.
- Supply HIV tests to support your event* – a minimum of 25 is required. Plan to scale up the number of test kits to meet anticipated demand.
- Provide pre/post-test counseling, linkage to care, and confirmatory test services as needed.
- Promote your testing event through your website, social media, and community outreach.
- Provide testing event results, including numbers of tests conducted, PrEP referrals, preliminary positives identified, and overall feedback to Greater Than HIV following the event.
And here’s what you can expect from Greater Than HIV and Walgreens:
- Dedicated space at local Walgreens stores for tabling; private room or space for mobile unit available to conduct tests and provide results.
- Webinar series led by Greater Than HIV and Walgreens to help you prepare for in-store HIV testing.
- Community toolkit, including items such as tabling and informational materials, posters, T-shirts, giveaways & more to support outreach.
- Pre-event promotions, including in-store advertising, digital marketing, press outreach, and social media.
- Greater Than HIV website listing your participating location in a searchable map.
- The opportunity to request donated HIV tests for your event*.
- The opportunity to provide HIV testing at Walgreens stores on an ongoing basis.
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Greater Than HIV and Walgreens may secure a limited supply of donated rapid point-of-care HIV tests for this partnership, and we do our best to make them available to organizations with greatest need. We cannot guarantee availability.