Greater Than AIDS will be back at the 2017 United States Conference on AIDS (USCA) – the nation’s largest gathering of organizations working in HIV/AIDS – for the 8th year in a row!
This year’s timely return to D.C. will bring national leaders, advocates and community organizations together around the theme Family Reunion with a focus on taking steps towards ending the HIV epidemic.
Throughout the conference weekend, Greater Than AIDS will host an informational booth, a photo booth with Walgreens, a Facebook live and three workshops!
A complete schedule of Greater Than AIDS events with locations and times is below. All activities will take place at the Marriot Marquis (901 Massachusetts Ave NW, Washington, DC 20001).
Thursday, September 7 – Saturday, September 9 – 10am to 5pm, Liberty Ballroom Exhibit Hall
- The Greater Than AIDS booth is open for business from 10 am to 5 pm throughout the conference weekend in the Liberty Ballroom exhibit hall!
- Attendees can snap a picture in the Greater Than AIDS & Walgreens photo booth and pick up FREE swag and informational resources on the Greater Than AIDS campaigns.
Thursday, September 7 – 10:15am to 12:15pm, Mount Vernon Square, Meeting Level 3
- Walgreens and Greater Than AIDS join forces to present a session called “Together: Innovative Partnerships to Support Treatment and PrEP Use Among MSMs of Color.”
- Attendees will hear first-hand from a panel of experts and advocates, including people currently using PrEP – the HIV prevention pill– and individuals living with HIV.
Thursday, September 7 – 5:30pm, facebook.com/greaterthanaids
- For the first time at USCA, Greater Than AIDS will be live on Facebook with Dr. Leo Moore to talk all things PrEP and HIV prevention.
- Tune in to the Greater Than AIDS Facebook page to submit your questions in real-time and watch the conversation!
Friday, September 8 – 2:00pm to 4:00pm, Mint, Meeting Level 4
- Greater Than AIDS will host a panel presentation and interactive discussion about PrEP marketing strategies for digital platforms – including Facebook, YouTube, and dating apps – to reach gay men of color and transgender individuals.
- The panel will feature Chris Barnett (Virginia Department of Health) and Petera Reine (Louisiana Office of Public Health), moderated by Robbyn Kistler (Greater Than AIDS/Kaiser Family Foundation).
Saturday, September 9 – 4:15pm to 6:15pm, LeDroit Park, Meeting Level 3
- Greater Than AIDS Ambassadors Deondre Moore and his mom Kathy take the stage to host an inspiring conversation called “We Are Family: Mothers & Sons Navigating HIV Together.”
- This presentation will showcase stories and videos from the We Are Family campaign to highlight the important role of family support for people living with HIV.
Will you be at #USCA2017?
Stop by the Greater Than AIDS booth and share a photo using #GreaterThanAIDS for the chance to be featured on our social platforms! Then look for our custom filter on Snapchat and show how YOU are #GreaterThanAIDS!